Disease and Husbandry Day Saturday 14th June
Lostwithiel Community Centre, 0900-1630
The Disease and Husbandry Day will be held at the Lostwithiel Community Centre on Saturday 14 June 2014.
The Disease and Husbandry Day is organised by the CBKA, WCBKA and Simon Jones, the Regional Bee Inspector. All presentations and workshops will be delivered by Bee Inspectors. The event is co-sponsored by the BDI.
WCBKA has been allocated 15 places. To reserve a place please e-mail: Anne McQuade, email@example.com
An outline programme for the Disease and Husbandry Day is:
0900-0930: Arrive (tea and coffee available)
0930-1030: Talk on Hygiene Husbandry and Disease
1030-1600: Workshop Groups covering:
- Varroa biology and IPM
- Varroacides and Veterinary Medicine Records
- Diseased comb recognition
- Practical apiary disease inspection
1600-1630: Question and answer session
Notes: 1. Tea and coffee will be available throughout the day at 50p per cup
2. Hot pasties will be available for the lunch break. These are priced at £3.00. Please state a preference for a steak or vegetarian pasty when booking a place.
3. Please remember to bring your bee suits etc., to be worn for the practical apiary disease inspection session.